Where Line Item Extraction is completed for an invoice (either by AutoEntry or added manually), rules can be set where AutoEntry will automatically assign vat/category accounts and tracking categories to specific individual line items that meet these rules for a given supplier. Phew!
These rules can be found and created by clicking on the Supplier Settings button on the company home page and selecting the 'Rules' tab to the top of the page.
These rules can be set based on full or partial descriptions or on line item value (product price). These rules over-ride any standard remembered (stored) settings found under the Line Items tab in company settings.
Adding a Rule
Click '+ Add Rule'. Easy!
- First give the rule a name. This will title the rule going forward
- Select All or Any. Do you want AutoEntry to apply the rule to 'All' or 'Any' of the following conditions. 'All' means that all the conditions set must be met before the rule is applied whereas 'Any' means that only one of the conditions must be met before the rule is applied:
- Click the green '+ Add Rule' button to the right to add a rule.
- Then use the drop down menus to set the rule. First, is it based on the line description or item price. Then, does the price/description Equal, Contain, Begin With or End With....
- Enter the text or price that the rule is to meet.
In this example, the rule will be applied where the text '3m Cable' is found anywhere in the item description:
With the 'Any' option, you can add multiple rules whereby AutoEntry will work through each rule until one is satisfied.
Then simply select the relevant category account, VAT code and tracking category (named 'region' below) you want to be applied when the above rule is met and click save:
Once saved, the page will now display a list of the rules created for that supplier. Using the expand '+' button to the left you can view and edit the rule or a rule can be deleted by clicking the 'x' to the far right. You can also set the priorities by moving a rule up or down the list. AutoEntry will check the rules from top to bottom, the first rule the line item satisfies then that rule will be applied: