Bank Fetching in AutoEntry supports over 900 banks and credit card feeds in the US and Canada - the full list of bank feed connections supported is included here. The solution allows you to automatically sync and download bank documents and transactions (“bank data”) from your bank accounts into AutoEntry. For each bank connection, a charge of 10 credits is applied when first activated, and 10 credits per month thereafter. Bank documents (i.e. bank statements, check images and deposits) download to a folder in your Company Files; bank transactions route into your Bank Statements folder.
You can set up Bank Fetching in one of two ways:
- Where the owner of the bank account(s) has access to the relevant company in AutoEntry, refer to the self-setup guide.
- Where the owner of the bank account(s) does not have access to the relevant company in AutoEntry (or is not an AutoEntry user) e.g. your accountant client, refer to the client-setup guide.
Once the integration has been set up and bank account(s) added (also referred to as 'Extractors'), the related bank data will begin syncing and downloading into the Company Files and Bank Statements folders respectively.
- The initial sync of a bank account will download the last 6 months of bank data (as available).
- Subsequent syncs happen daily across all connected bank accounts and will download any new data since the last sync.
You can perform three operations against any individual bank account in the 'Other Integrations' list:
- 'Update' button (blue): 'Force' a sync at any time (i.e. outside of the automatic daily sync). This button is also used for completing 2-step authentication or refreshing a bank connection after user details are updated on the bank website (refer to column 2 of the Status Messages help page for full details).
- 'Change' button (orange): Change the user ID/password associated with this bank account. This button is also used for correcting or refreshing bank account credentials i.e. username and password (refer to column 2 of the Status Messages help page for full details).
- 'Remove' button (red): Delete the bank account from the list (Note: whatever bank data that had already been downloaded for this account will not be affected).
After a first sync has run, bank data will start becoming available as follows:
a) Bank Documents:
A specific directory-structure will be created in the Company Files folder as follows:
Company Files / Bank Fetching / <Bank Name> / <Bank Account Name (or user ID if Bank Account Name was left blank in setup step iii)> / ...
1....Bank Statements /
2....Check Images /
3....Deposit Images /
For detail of the actions you can perform in Company Files from this point see here.
b) Bank Transactions:
Following some quick initial verification-checks (tracked in the Activity tab), transactions on the fetched bank statements will appear in the Bank Statements Inbox (Project name ‘Bank Fetching – <Bank name>’). You can then review and download/import the transactions into your accounting software in the normal ways (see here).