With Document Fetching you can now automatically sync and download supplier and bank documents into AutoEntry!
Note: Where the owner of the supplier and/or bank account(s) does not have access to the relevant company in AutoEntry (or is not an AutoEntry user) e.g. your accountant client, refer to the client-setup guide.
To set up Document Fetching, select the ‘Integrate’ button from the main company dashboard, then in the ‘Other Integrations’ tab select 'Open' beside Document Fetching.
Once you click '+Add Supplier/Bank', a 'Browse Suppliers/Banks' screen will be presented.
From here you can search or filter to find the relevant supplier/bank to fetch from.
- ‘Search Supplier/Bank Name’: free-text field where you can simply enter the relevant supplier/bank name.
- ‘Filter by Category’: filter the search to only suppliers or only banks.
- ‘Filter by Country’: filter the search by home country of supplier/bank.
Once a supplier or a bank has been identified, click ‘Connect Supplier’/'Connect Bank'.
You will then be prompted to enter the username and password associated with the supplier/bank online account.
The ‘Include historical documents from’ drop-down also allows you to choose between fetching the last 30 days or the entire available history of supplier/bank documents.
Once the username, password and the appropriate historical period have been entered, press 'Connect'.
You will be returned to the main screen where the status message will indicate that the login details are being verified – this verification should take 1-2 minutes (although can extend to 15-30 minutes+ for reasons outlined at the bottom of this article). Note that the supplier/bank may request an additional “2-step” authentication (security questions, tokens etc), in which case the status message “Authentication requested - Complete authentication now” will display.
When the connection is established, the initial fetch will be executed (and the status message will update to “Initial fetching complete”), and a subsequent automatic daily fetch will be performed (unless the connection is disconnected).
The user has the ability to view and/or edit the existing connection(s), as well as add new supplier/bank connection(s) via the same Document Fetching section.
Actions available in Document Fetching:
- '+Add Supplier/Bank' button: create a new supplier/bank connection.
- 'Disconnect All' button: disconnect all of the existing fetching connections.
- 'Fetch Documents (Force)' button (green): 'force' a fetch for that particular supplier/bank connection (i.e. outside of the automatic daily sync).
- 'Update Credentials' button (black): update your online account details for that particular supplier/bank connection.
- 'Delete Connection' button (red): delete the fetching connection for that particular supplier/bank.
To see where the fetched documents are downloaded to and how to send these for processing within AutoEntry, please see the link here.
Note re free trial users (January 2020):
Free trial accounts can have only one active supplier/bank connection at a time - this limitation will be lifted once a subscription or bulk purchase of credits is made.