The AutoEntry Sync App is designed to re-start itself in case of any disruption in the background without any interaction by the user, however, there is a Windows default that can prevent the sync app from restarting for 30 days (!) and causing the sync to remain stopped until you manually re-start it (a relatively common issue with Windows and similar services to our sync app) . Here's the quick fix to prevent Windows from blocking the AutoEntry sync app from re-starting.
Quick access: Task Manager > Services > Open Services > Right click AutoEntry Service > Properties.
- Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL or Right click on a blank section of the start bar)
- Select the Services tab and click on 'Open Services' or 'Services' - depending on your version of Windows:
- Right click on AutoEntry.DesktopSync.Service (note, there are two AutoEntry services listed) and select Properties.
In the Properties window that opens:
- Select the Recovery Tab
- Change the 'Reset fail count after' field to 0 (zero)
- Check the box to 'Enable Actions for stops with errors'
- Click Apply and OK.
If Still logged in to the AutoEntry sync app, log out and back in again. Any invoices that are ticked as published but not in Sage/QuickBooks, simply unpublish the invoices and re-publish. It can take 5 - 10 minutes for the publishing to complete.