The following information relates to users of Sage 50 Canada version 2021.2 or those users planning to upgrade soon.
RDA (Remote Data Access) allows applicable Sage 50 Canada users to connect to their company via the RDA process. However, there are some steps to follow to avail of this feature.
AutoEntry Sync app installed
Before beginning to integrate your company file shared with RDA with AutoEntry, ensure you are running (at least) the 2021.2 version of Sage 50. Take note of the Sage ID assigned to the sysadmin / AutoEntry user in Sage 50 as you may need to use this to sign in on the AutoEntry sync app.
There are two stages to follow, the setup steps and then the integration steps.
Setup Steps - Sync App & Sage ID
To avail of RDA you need to be running the Sync app in console mode
The following article can help confirm if you are already in console mode.
Running in console mode step-by-step (see article below): https://help.autoentry.com/en/articles/4644279-how-to-change-the-autoentry-sync-app-start-up-type
For RDA you also need to have a Sage ID.
See below the Sage link and video on how to go about this.
You only need to have a Sage ID for your sysadmin user (Sage ID is only required when using RDA).
Only the sysadmin user has the ability to amend / set up RDA (if not already setup)
If a user does not have an email address and needs remote data access, the sysadmin user has to enter their own Sage ID to allow the user to access and download a shared company.
For the best experience with the RDA feature, customers should disconnect their companies before sharing them with RDA and then re-connect using the method described in this article.
Note: If you are integrating with a Sage 50 Canada Pro company, ensure the company file is closed before attempting to integrate using the AutoEntry Sync App.
If you are not using Sage 50 Canada Pro, and if the file is open, please ensure it is in multi-user mode.
(Click: File --> Switch to Multi-user Mode)
Confirmation can be obtained for the Sage 50 version and multi-user mode status on the bottom window status bar.
Once the sync app has been installed / updated and you have logged in, select the company you wish to integrate with from the Company List page
2. From the Accounting Software Dropdown, select Sage 50 Canada
3. In the Enable RDA section. Select the checkbox indicating you wish to connect to a company shared with Sage Remote Data Access.
4. If you have logged in with your Sage ID, your Sage ID email will be shown, and you can select your shared company with which you wish to integrate. Otherwise, click the Sage ID Login button and you will be prompted to sign in with your Sage ID.
5. Choose the RDA company
6. Once you have selected the company you wish to integrate, enter the Sage 50 Username and Password for the user you created for use with that company.
7. Click Connect to AutoEntry and wait for the connection. For Sage 50 companies shared via Remote Data Access, in the background, we then download a copy of your company file before connecting with it, so this process may take a few moments depending on the speed of your internet connection and the size of your company file. (note: for some users with larger company files the initial connection time might take several minutes)
8. Once the integration is successful, you will be redirected back to the company list page of the Desktop Sync app.
Common problems with connecting and how to resolve them
Not logged into Sage ID - Click the Sage ID button.
Solution: Just log into Sage ID (Click Sage ID button - while running in console mode only)
Connection to the company could not be established. This user name does not exist. Check that you have entered the correct user name. , ID: E118
Solution: Ensure that they are correct, check the casing is correct
This user does not have sufficient third-party access rights required for the connection. Please edit the access rights to allow for read/write access for a third-party.
Solution: Ensure that the Sage 50 Accounting User created has both read/write access and Full accounting rights as seen below
If you get this message Please login with your Sage ID when prompted to proceed with connecting AutoEntry to the company, or stop sharing this company with Remote Data Access.
Solution: Open the company in Sage, and you will be prompted to sign in - you should then be able to sign in with AutoEntry
Another user, email@example.com, is currently accessing this company. You may open the company in multi-user mode or wait for the other users to stop using the company and try again
Solution: Re-open the company in Multi-user mode or close Sage 50