This article will provide you with an overview of the AutoEntry Desktop Sync App, required for integrations with Sage 50 and Quickbooks Desktop.
Sage 50 UK&I users
Sage 50 Canada users
Sage 50 US users
QuickBooks Desktop users
As Sage 50 and QuickBooks Desktop are locally hosted and installed software applications on your PC, there is no way for AutoEntry to integrate with them directly. Therefore, we have developed the AutoEntry Sync App that is downloaded and run on your system that allows the transfer of data from Sage/QuickBooks Desktop to AutoEntry and vice versa.
Where to Download/Install - The AutoEntry Sync App must be installed on the same PC/machine as the Sage/QuickBooks Desktop company file. For server installs please see below.
For hosted servers/Sage Drive or similar, the company files are generally kept locally but backed up to the cloud service. You can connect the Sync App to these local files rather than the hosted versions, if possible.
Install on a server - If your company shares Sage company folders on the network, you should install the AutoEntry Sync App on a server with network access to these folders. This method is preferred when possible. There are help articles for Shared Folders and Server Configuration available if needed.
Install on Laptops or Desktops - If you do not keep Sage company folders shared on the network, install the AutoEntry Sync App on the computers responsible for storing Sage company folders.
1. Download the AutoEntry Sync Installer using the Download button below
2. Run the installer and follow the simple instructions there
3. See here for the difference between the Console Application versus Windows Service
4. .NET Framework 4.7 + is required. Requirements can be found HERE.
4. After the install is complete, run the AutoEntry Sync App from your Start Menu or Desktop
5. When the AutoEntry Sync App opens, enter your normal AutoEntry log-in details
6. You can then start connecting your companies to AutoEntry
For a new connection, follow the links below for the accounting package you use.